Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Palm Treo bluetooth headset arrives

Ok, it's Wednesday and the new headset is here. I've got it charging and should be able to test it in a couple of hours. I'll report the results later tonight. Boy, I sure hope this solves my headset woes.

One complaint so far, and this applies to a lot more than this particular headset. Why do manufacturers insist on using this sealed, hard plastic packaging? I understand it as a theft-protection device. There's no way someone could slip a small headset or flash memory card or whatever out of one of these and into their pocket in the store. However, these things can't be opened period! Why must they punish those of us who actually made the purchase?! There is no easy way to open it without destroying the packaging, and there's always the danger of cutting yourself on the plastic. Someone out there, please design better packaging for items like this!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No kidding man, I hate that stuff... Impossible to crack open