Saturday, July 15, 2006

After a few hours with the 700P

Disappointed.

I had hoped this was really the cure for my woes. Nope. I find that multitasking is sorely missed after using Windows Mobile for a few months. Something about Palm OS feels very confining. It sure is fast though. That's a nice change.

Now what? I can hope that verizon will let me come back in and have the used 700W I left there today.

Problems with 700P
-no multitasking
-poor speakerphone volume
-some websites don't work
-slow internet, webpages render funny
-limited fonts
-wifi options not currently available

The good with 700P
-fast
-PIM apps fast and simple
-BT seems a little better
-good screen

The problems with 700W
-runs out of memory
-screen backlight delay sometimes
-gets sluggish and non-responsive from time to time
-PIM apps complicated, surely there must be a good replacement out there somewhere

The good with 700W
-excellent multitasking, except when memory gets low
-web access is perfect
-streaming audio works great, more standard
-excellent TXT/Email program, works great switching between them

No comments: