Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Initial thoughts of Palm Treo bluetooth headset

Eh.

That pretty much sums it up, but I'll give a little more detail.

Cons
- The range is still not significantly better than my Jabra BT250. It seems that in general the BT 2.0 devices have a little better range but not enough to justify all the cost.
- The ear loop is not tight enough. This is one of those that flops around way too easily. Irritating.
- The in-ear indicator beeps aren't as distinct as on some other headset.

Pros
- Solid voice quality on both ends of the conversation.
- Same charger as the Treo. That's kinda convenient, but still you have to carry 2 chargers when traveling if you want to charge them both at the same time.

Well it doesn't look good, but I'll try it for a couple days. At this point I'm thinking about just going back to my old headset. We'll see.

No comments: