Sunday, July 23, 2006

The Little Things

My brother and I are very different people, but there are two things that we can agree on. Women and Electronics. When it comes to electronics, we appreciate the little things that are SO simple yet SO genius. The kind of stuff that just makes sense. Well, I am probably being a little picky, but one of these "little things" is driving me crazy on the Nokia 6682. The screensaver.

The screensaver on this phone gives a lot of useful info. It can display the time, date, current profile, missed call icons, message icons, etc.. I have even found custom screensavers available for download. Here is my problem. YOU CANT READ IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! When the phone goes into screensaver mode the screen is dark. Obviously, this is to save battery life, I understand that. What I don't understand is why I cant illuminate the backlight so I can read it without activating the main phone display. Every button sends you back to the main display. So far I haven't found any way to do what I want to do. The guys on Howard Forums think that I am crazy. One guy told me to buy a watch, HAHA.

On a good note, I love the phone. My full review is coming in a few days, possibly later tonight.

STAY TUNED!!!!!

No comments: